Monday, July 23, 2007

Ueda-sensei & Yui

Ueda-sensei, the school nurse, and I worked together for two years at Nyuzen Elementary school. Her desk was across from mine and because she enjoyed English we often had mini-eikaiwas! And she always brought me lots and lots of treats!! Unfortunately, she got moved to another school in April. I was so sad to see her go because I always enjoyed our conversations! So, for the first time since she left, we met for lunch. Her high school age daughter just returned from a year in the UK, so we met to talk about her year and catch-up. It was a fun lunch complete with good French food and presents! Ueda-sensei made me a little quilt, the size of place mat. But it is made from old kimonos and traditional style Japanese cloth. It is beautiful! I'm lucky to have had her company at school for as long as I did! Thank you!


Ueda-sensei and I



Yui and I

No comments: