Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Little Pumpkins

Halloween is two weeks away but I've been wearing a witch hat and carrying pumpkins to class all month because each elementary school class has at least one Halloween themed lesson. And since I haven't posted any pics in awhile...here are some 2nd graders participating in Halloween festivities--making & wearing pumpkin masks & a pumpkin bean bag toss! Another one of my favorites is pin the face on the pumpkin!

Oh, and let's not forget the best Halloween song ever, "10 Little Pumpkins." It's much more politically correct than "10 Little Indians." And I've been singing it so much my voice is hoarse at the end of each day.



And stay tuned for more pics from the upcoming JHS school festival Halloween room. I have 16 students assigned to work in the "Halloween" international room. They will help with 8 games and activities to promote the new international room! It's open to the public, parents, elementary school children, etc. Yikes! Let's hope we can pull it off.





A little Halloween Trivia: This year is the 40th anniversary of the movie "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." It was released in 1966 and was nominated for an Emmy award. It's short and cute and I recommend a re-watch if you haven't seen it in awhile. I'm making some of my JHS kids watch it. And we're showing it at the school festival!

Other than school related Halloween events, I won't be participating in Halloween this year. No costumes or crazy parties for me. I think it's best for everyone if I stay in this year!


Have a Wicked Halloween!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was young, Halloween was one of my favourite holidays. I used to go trick-or-treating and hoped that the house I went to would give chocoate bars or chips. Those were my favourite treats. I still enjoy Halloween, unfortunately not as much. Why is that?

Linea said...

Yay for Halloween!!!