Friday, October 27, 2006

History in the Making

Several weeks ago, a good friend of mine had a party to celebrate finishing his first book! Congratulations!! It's an amazing accomplishment!! The party was small, a few close friends and several bottles of wine. After a few hours of eating, drinking, watching snowboarding videos and listening to itunes the mood changed and we all quieted down, and attentively listened as the author read from his book. The book is called, "The Era of Gone." I won't try to describe it or give a synopsis, because I only heard the last chapter. But what I heard was intriguing and mesmorizing! Even after a few pages I was so involved with the story I had a STRONG dislike for the main male character! And a lot of sympathy for the female character! I wonder if I'd feel the same if I had known them both from the beginning? This part of the book takes place in India. And everyone knows India has a very special place in my heart....so I love hearing his characters' descriptions of India. I only hope he finishes the editing process soon, so we can hear more of the book (from the beginning)! And maybe even read it hardbound one of these days. Enjoy a little glimpse of what you just might be picking up at the bookstore soon!

Read more from the author Prospects, Inquiries and Vibrations

1 comment:

Matthew R. Loney said...

You`re wicked, Sista!

Thanks so much for that encouraging review!

I had a wicked time that night and I loved being able to share something close to my heart with people close to my heart.

Of course there will be more to follow - perhaps in the new year?

I`m glad the work elicited a strong dislike of the main character for you. When you read the entire thing though, I think perhaps you`ll find him sympathetic. His cruelty is justified!!

Glad you enjoyed