Friday, August 31, 2007

Too Many Ghosts in China

I'm not talking abou the kind that say 'boo' on Halloween. I'm talking about the kind that lurk in the far corners of your mind. That remind you of stories you care not to remember. That rehash tales that have been told and played out but not fully resolved. China has too many of these ghosts for me. I see them in the corners of alleys. I smell them coming from the street stalls. I hear them in the endless banter of the people on the streets. And it haunts me. And I'm looking forward to escaping the oppression of the past, my past.

Tonight I will board a train to Tibet.

1 comment:

mkana said...

Wow!
What a wonderful experience!
I really envy you!

We had a new teather last Tuesday. I think you know him - Dan Morris from England.

M.Kanaya