Friday, August 31, 2007

Back to Irkutsk

Wednesday, August 15th Writing in an internet cafe in Irkutsk

Sitting and waiting for internet to come back up...back in a city, back in civilization, and about to check-in with the world after two weeks. Being away in the Siberian jungle made me more present, our concerns were simple and day to day. My concerns were left behind, they had to be because there was nothing I could do about them in the depths of the jungle. I just had to be and it was a wonderful thing. That didn't mean my mind didn't wander or I didn't think about the outside world, but it wasn't all consumming. No email, internet or contact with the media for two weeks, it was a great break from 'life'. But now I'm waiting to make contact and I'm waiting to see if anyone has been waiting for me. But I'm not sure what I'll tell them and what I will feel inspired to write when I'm pressured to report in. How can I communicate the experiences of the last two weeks?

No comments: