Monday, June 04, 2007

In Recent News

The little sleepy town I've lived in for three years doesn't get much press, national or international. But recently two stories have made the news:

A 3-year old was caught stealing DVDs from a local video store for his mother, her sisters and their grandmother. Apparently the family is notorious in town, but this was a bit shocking. Read the full report in the The Mainich Daily News . I also heard a rumor that one of the sisters was seen begging in town recently!

This last weekend a Japanese fishing boat was captured off the coast of Russia. Apparently it was fishing in Russian waters and is reported to have more fish on board than allowed. Read more in the International Herald Tribune,. While the report only mentions Toyama, I've heard that the fishing boat is actually registered to Nyuzen.

I'm hoping to get a full report at my adult eikaiwa tomorrow night!

And that's the update from Nyuzen!

No comments: