Thursday, March 16, 2006

JHS Graduation

Yesterday was Junior High School graduation. It was a bitter sweet snowy day. It was super exciting to see all of them get ready to go off to high school. But I really liked my 9th graders. Well, most of them anyway! They finally know enough English to want to communicate. And they are finally coming into their own so they are more fun to communicate with. They have personality! They are funny- the boys especially!! The girls are little too much sometimes--standing in front of the mirror perfecting their hair. I remember those days and I wish they would get over it. They aren't impressing anyone!

I attended my small school's graduation ceremony. There are only 28 students in the graduating class. They are my favorite class ever. I loved them all. I'm gonna miss them the most.





After the graduation ceremony I said my good-byes and drove across town to my big school. There are over 120 students in that graduating class. I got there in time to wander the parking lot taking gazillions of pictures with the kids. I'm gonna miss these kids! The school just isn't the same without them.



And these are my mondaiji boys. I haven't had a single discipline issue at my school, except with the boy in the letter jacket. He wrote "fuck you" on an assignment. So I got to "talk" to him in the teachers room. Honestly, I really enjoyed it! Partly because it's really not that big of a deal! I made sure to tell him it was perfect English and that he could use it outside of school, but not on assignments! Some lucky ALTs get these boys in April!




A few weeks ago, I had my last class with my special needs student. She barely speaks Japanese, let alone English. So, I decided it was time to actually be productive. We made fudge for our lesson. She distributed it to all the teachers and staff. I think they were pleasantly surprised!

I'm off to Korea this weekend! I might try to post a few blog enteries from yon sama land! So stay tuned!

No comments: