Saturday, March 11, 2006

Day #13 Tsugaike, Nagano


I wasn't about to give up that easily! I leave for Korea next Saturday, so today really might have been my last day. It was our first time at Tsugaike. It is 40 minutes up the road from Seaside and was about 5degrees colder, but it was still a VERY warm 9degrees C. The snow was slushy, but it was another sunny beautiful day. And slush really isn't that bad. We waxed up before hitting the slush and we didn't have any problems at all. We took today nice and slow. Lots of breaks. Lots of adjusting. Lots of talking. Today Jimmy, Ryuichi, and Renee joined us. Unfortunately we lost Renee after the first run and didn't meet up with her until the end of the day. The downside to Tsugaike--too many runs! It's huge. We got lost! But we found two board parks and tried a few more jumps! Yeah! We are getting bolder! Now, we need an all girls snowboard camp.

And Tsugaike has a helicopter pad on the hill. You can go back country snowboarding!! That's my goal for next year. Fun!

My camera ran out juice on the hill. So I'm posting Jimmy's pics! Thanks!

1 comment:

Linea said...

Wow, another amazing day!!!
I get all worked up when I think that it was our last day on the hill together for the season!

Snowboard camp.
Snowboard camp.
Snowboard camp.

Maybe if we continue to be the angels we always are the gods will let it happen this year!