Monday, February 27, 2006

Day #11 The Last Lift Up?


I know everyone is sick of hearing about snowboarding and seeing all the sunny pictures from the slopes...but this might be the last of it. Saturday was another beautiful sunny day! But it was too warm! We stripped down and took off our hats. Other skiers and boarders were in T-shirts! The snow was slush, almost as good as powder, but a lot harder to land on. And I landed hard a few times. Once in the middle of the half pipe--pure ice! Ouch!



Most of our snowboarding crew was stuck at school on Saturday grading tests! So Amber, Luis, Linea and I were the only foreigners on the seaside slopes this weekend. We enjoyed another sunny lunch outside and our faces are all paying for it. We are sporting the racoon eyes--burned noses and cheeks and a white white forehead.


After our day on the slopes, we headed to Unazuki to watch fireworks over the mountains. I won a free night at the New Otani Hotel, so Linea and I enjoyed a 10 course dinner, endless onsening, and all you can eat breakfast. But we couldn't sneak our partner in crime in, so we weren't complete! But it was fun to be "on vacation" for a night.

With any luck, we will have one or even two more days of boarding. It snowed a little last night. And it's supposed to snow the next two days in the mountains. I've never been so excited to see snow and feel the temperature drop. I think I'm addicted to boarding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloe works well with sunburns. Although, I must say, that's kinda cute...
See you soon Bday girl.