Wednesday, February 08, 2006

No Coincidences

I signed my contract today. I'm staying a 3rd year. I'm staying until August 2007. And then, I can easily guarantee, I'll be ready to leave! I never thought I would make it this long to begin with. I am constantly surprising myself!

A few hours after I signed my paper, I met with other English teachers at my school. We met about the new "International Room." My junior high school was recently remodeled and lots of additional space was created. While we were touring the new building in December, I jokingly asked if I could have a room for English! And now I have one!! So today we met to talk about what I needed for the room and what I wanted to do with the room! Amazing! That being said, there MIGHT be a budget of $60/per year for the new room. And there is no furniture currently. I have no idea if students will want to use it, but I guess I have to give it a try! Which means....more work for me. Lunch time, after school, and holidays will be spent in "the international room." So much for being an under utilized English teacher.

I knew if I stayed a 3rd year I had to be more productive with my time here. So, it looks like I'm being given that opportunity!

Now, what should I do with this new space? Ideas PLEASE!!!

6 comments:

Linea said...

Yay for you!!!

Yay for ME!!! haha.

No, really, congratulations.

First things first - get some books!!!! Manga, picture dictionaries, magazines.

Maybe a message board -where kids can post messages or happy birthdays or something.

Lots of posters -maybe from different countries.

Games -duh.

Video corner?

CD corner -print of lyrics from English songs.

Clothing/Fashion corner

hm, I guess there are only 4 corners....

Furniture - a couple of small tables -shoot, we should have rescued that one from beside the bins outside....bean bag chairs!! We should go on a recycle center treasure hunt!

I'm excited for you, if you need any help, let me know!

Boysters said...

That's pretty damn cool! Nice one!

Are you going to have a little naughty corner where you can banish the mondaiji's? I think that's quite important.

But seriously magazines, and an English board are essential.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kido! On the year and the International Room. Now we have to get serious about a holiday redevouz.

You need maps maps maps! And every Lonely Planet you can get your hands on. Get them seriously excited about seeing the world! I'm excited about seeing your room.

DAD

Matthew R. Loney said...

So happy you`re staying!
What adventures we`ve had together, it would be a shame for them to end so soon. Dogs at airports, islands, boat trips, India.

We have 17 months left o` fun!
Wanna spend next xmas in Russia?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Int'l Room! I would expect that if you asked the students for ideas of what they would like to see in 'their' room & then asked for donations, you might get quite an eclectic mix! Fun to see what creative ideas come - maybe a contest or party - for the students after it's all decorated with FREE stuff!! Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! Yeah! I hope the third year is the best for you! You have already achieved so much! And now an International Room, how exciting!! I wish I could see it!