Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's Day Treats

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Or as we like to call it around these parts...Happy Singles Awareness Day! Whatever you are celebrating and whoever you celebrate it with, I hope there is lots of chocolate involved! Everyone deserves lots of good chocolate on V-day/SA-day!! The unfortunate part of living in Japan on V-day/SA-day is that women are expected to give chocolate to men and it isn't reciprocated until March 14th, or White Day. That's when the men give cookies to the women, or gifts worth 3x the value of the gift they got on V-day. Hmm? That might not be so bad! But honestly, I rather just get really good chocolate! But I have to give in order to get! So, after school I went to the grocery store to be inspired...and there they were, at the front door and on sale.....STRAWBERRIES!

1. First you need to wash and draw the strawberries. Insert a toothpick into the top.




2. Next melt white chocolate and dip the strawberries in the chocolate, covering about 3/4s of the strawberry. Set the strawberries on wax paper to cool.





3. After the white chocolate has hardened, dip the strawberries in dark chocolate on both sides, creating a V shape. Set these aside to cool.




4. Next take a toothpick and dip it into the chocolate and dot the strawberry with chocolate buttons and a bow tie. Now you have "Tuxedo Strawberries."

Click here to watch how to make Tuxedo Strawberries


5. I ran out of white chocolate, so for my neighbors, I made dark chocolate double dipped strawberries with a white chocolate heart. Enjoy neighbors.



Teachers at my JHS will be getting the tuxedo strawberries!

1 comment:

Linea said...

These were AMAZING!!!
I didn't share mine!