Monday, November 13, 2006

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Did you know there is a world RPS society? that there is a USA RPS League? that you can win money at RPS tournaments? I didn't! I just thought it was a game I play with my kids 100's of times a day for pure amusement and to decide who gets the extra dessert. But there is strategy and technique, and the best players have agents! What??

Listen to this interview with former Rock, Paper, Scissors Champion, Master Roshambollah, from Morning Edition on NPR

Tomorrow is the RPS Championship in Toronto! I wonder if they have a subdivision championship for the Japanese version, じゃんけんぽん?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I didn't know about the tournament until I saw it on the news. By then, it was too late for me to enter. I hope next year the tournament will be held in Toronto. I'll for sure be in it!!!

-Jimmy

Boysters said...

Britain won it! It's times like this that puts the Great back into Britain.

JP said...

What??? Insane. Is there any strategy involved? That would explain why Britain won, Mark;) They should include あちむいてほい with it. That would make it more interesting.