Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's Time to Vote!!

A year ago this week, I accidently deleted my blog! To celebrate one year of blogging (on the current blog), over 10,300 hits, and over 112 posts, I'm posting a POLL!! The future of my blog depends a lot on my future. I won't necessarily base my decision on the results, but I'll take it into consideration!

And for all of you out there who read my blog on a regular basis....and I know you're there because I have a stat counter, please vote, and please feel free to leave comments!

Before you vote below consider these points:

  1. I've just started an MA program, if I stay I can continue paying for my course and finish the coursework in Japan (while still saving money & living well).
  2. I really want to see more of the world.
  3. I really want to work in the Middle East.
  4. I'm very comfortable here! I love my apartment, and I enjoy my job (usually).
  5. If I stay, I can snowboard for another year.
  6. If I stay, that will be more money in my savings account to do more later.
  7. If I leave, my finances will be tight, and I'll have to take a leave of absense from my MA program.
  8. If I stop my MA, I may not start it up again!
  9. If I stay, I can theoretically learn more Japanese.
  10. If I leave, I can start learning Arabic or another language.
  11. The dating pool here has been drained!
  12. Who needs a date, I love living alone!
  13. I have a really good online study support group.
  14. I love eating school lunch (usually).
  15. I hate packing. I mean I HATE packing!

Should Kirsten stay in Japan for a 4th year?

Yes, of course!!
Yes, of course!!
No way, get out while you can.
No way, get out while you can.
Flip a coin, there isn't a bad decision
Flip a coin, there isn't a bad decision
Travel the world for a year, I'll send monetary donations to support you!
Travel the world for a year, I'll send monetary donations to support you!
Create Free Polls

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Move to the Middle East, start teaching there and continue your M.A.

Simple!

Anonymous said...

My money's on stay, but hey I just got here. And I'm a pretty cheap date btw (-o^)

Anonymous said...

Honestly, there is something about the idea of you staying a 4th year that I find unsettling. But I can't put my finger on why. However, it does seem like you really want to stay. So I say just do what makes you happy.

Linea said...

i'm fence sitting...for the both of us.

Anonymous said...

i noticed no one voted for the sending of monetary donations. i voted for leave. excitement in the unknown. but then again, here i am sitting around jobless and blah. but it seems like you have direction either way. when you're old you probably won't remember how many years you were in japan anyway. it might seem like a monumental decision now, but in the end, eh! as long as you're working towards your long term goals, you will be satisfied.

Anonymous said...

I think you're ready for a change! I know it will be hard but there's so much of the world you haven't seen!!! Remember what Grandpa told us, "Life is an adventure."

Kirsten said...

thanks for your comments and for voting! i'm still thinking and trying to weigh all the options. stay posted, it's an ongoing saga!

K8 said...

I like your voting idea. I said flip a coin, but I can be horrible about making big decisions. If you like the job, I say stick around! And if you ever doubt it, just think of my fellow Nagoya ALT who had a student spit in his school lunch last week. Seriously. Love those little country munchkins!!