Tuesday, April 11, 2006

To Hazel


Thank you for bringing happiness to my grandfather's life and for easily becoming a new member of our family! Thank you for taking a risk 7 years ago when you moved across the country, left your friends and family behind and married my grandfather. Because of your energy, strength and love my grandfather's last years were lived to the fullest. Our entire family was blessed by your marriage.

If there is a heaven, an afterlife, a place where departed souls meet: if you see my grandfather, please tell him I haven't forgotten the days of going to the duck pond. And I've even found a duck pond in Japan that I like to visit. But I'm chuckling at the thought of how my grandmother will react to meeting you. Best of luck! I think you'll get along just fine! And you can tell her about all the things the family has been up to. I know she will have lots of questions for you.

I'm so happy I knew you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You described her so beautifully! She was strong, independent, & a care-taker for many.