Saturday, April 29, 2006

Productivity

When I'm not sitting at my desk pretending to study Japanese or trying to think of an interesting game to teach some useless grammar point, I CAB BE really productive!

I'm home today! I have no plans except to study, clean, cook, study, eat, study, and clean!

It's noon. Here's what I've accomplished:

  • I wrote a letter to my grandparents (4pages)
  • I've burned all my car CD's on my computer (over 500 songs)
  • I've cleaned my bathroom
  • I've done 4 loads of laundry
  • I've retired my gomi snowboard and turned it into a plant box of sorts
  • I've pruned
  • I've dusted all surfaces in 3 rooms

I still have at least 12 hours of the day! What else can I accomplish....update to come.

  • I baked--vegan muffins and date bread
  • I went household item shopping--laundry soap, vaccum bags, etc.
  • I refilled bottles of cleaning products
  • I fixed the window covering in my bedroom
  • I sewed a button on a shirt
  • I cleaned my bathroom
  • I washed my front door
  • I filled up my washing fluid in my car
  • I scrubbed my sink to get the gold color off
  • washed under my washing machine (as much as I could)
  • I made dinner
  • I finished a Unit and read a chapter
  • I watched 1/2 of the latest Harry Potter

And now it's Sunday! And I have another full day ahead of me!!! Time to get some more reading/studying in. Hopefully a trip to the pool. And with any luck a lot more cleaning as well!

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

Am I going crazy about cleaning?

The parents arrive Thursday!

3 comments:

Linea said...

i am so jealous on so many levels...

Anonymous said...

ok. after the parents leave, i need you to turn on this productivity switch again. i need massive favors in the form of resume advice and model lesson plans. there's a mocha in it for you.

Anonymous said...

AND we sooooo appreciated all your humongous, industrious and creative efforts too - in making our stay absolutely fabulous! Of course, I loved most of all - JUST SPENDING TIME WITH YOU!!! You are an amazing young lady! I am so honored to know you and be able to spend time getting to know a little bit of how you have made intercultural living work so well! What an incredible gift you are to us & this planet!