Thursday, April 13, 2006

I'm a graduate student


Well, it's finally official. I've been accepted, I've registered, I've paid for my first semester and my books will arrive next week (all $400 worth). I've started graduate school. I'll be working toward an MA in TEFL through the University of Birmingham in the UK. It's a distance course, so I need to perfect my time management and study skills. Which means I'll have less time for everything else, including blogging. So keep checking my blog, I'm not giving it up yet. But I probably won't be posting as often as I have been. Thanks for your support. And if you see me out and about, ask me why I'm not home studying!

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

It's a secret!!! ha ha ha ha ha

Thanks for the email....I'll respond soon!

Miss you!
k

Anonymous said...

u best be spillin that secret. i need to know

ps. when you need a break from all that studying, i've got a resume that needs work

ha hahaahaaa. sorry that's kind of mean. but seriously i do. how bout we make some of those thai peanut spring rolls and work on it and then watch a movie. i'll reward you with another stuffed baby seal. you may choose the movie. although i do recommend a good brokeback mtn session. u can even wear your cowgirl hat while we watch it.

Kirsten said...

i do enjoy wearing my cowgirl hat. and i always love spring rolls. and one can't have too many stuffed baby seals.

when do you propose we date??

Anonymous said...

TEFL??

You're a better woman than me to keep teaching "I like dog."

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

oops. forgot to sign that comment - it's melissa!

Linea said...

can i make the movie session a 3some?

i'll bring dessert...

K - go for it! I promise I won't ask you to go to Koshi TOO often -and I promise I won't talk so much when we're studying at Ducks, and I promise to make you supper more often when you're hard and heavy in the books (more often...makes is sound like I currently make you supper -ha!!).

But, you will need a break once in a while as Amy-chan has pointed out so you gotta promise you'll keep swimmin' -your brain can't function without good blood flow!!!

Chris said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic!