Friday, December 16, 2005

It's So Cold I.....    

  • wear a wool hat to bed
  • sleep with an electric blanket, a comforter and fleece/flannel pajamas (in layers)
  • have at least 2 heaters going at any given time (kerosene & electric)
  • drink hot tea like it's the elixir of life
  • wear long underwear and at least 3-4 layers on top to work
  • wear 2 pairs of socks (1 wool) everyday
  • use disposable foot heaters in my shoes almost everyday
  • wear a wool coat, gloves and a scarf to school assemblies
  • scream when my butt touches the toilet seat (unless it's heated)
  • avoid leaving my apartment or other heated buildings whenever possible
  • am constantly tensed up because I'm so cold
  • have to do more laundry in the winter because I'm wearing so many layers and instantly start sweating when I enter a classroom because there is no temperature gauge. It's either HOT or COLD
  • heat my clothes/pajamas on my radiator before I put them on
  • can see my breath in the hallways at school
  • can see my breath when I brush my teeth at home
  • can leave food out overnight because it's the same temperature in my kitchen as my fridge
  • can't feel my toes or fingers most of the day

It's so cold, it doesn't matter if it gets any colder, I'm gonna be cold until May--at least!!

今年 すごい さむい でしょう!

2 comments:

Newsandseduction said...

in Kathmandu too it is cold, but not as.

Anonymous said...

I can totally identify! I have been cold most of my 50+ years of life! Even growing up in Minnesota didn't help me get used to it! I can send more underwear if that will help! Love you!