Friday, December 12, 2008

An MA Graduate...at last!


I started my MA program in April 2006 and after 2.5 years of combined distance and on-campus study, I apparently graduated sometime this week in abstenia. I've completed my first MA! Yes...there might just be one more!

Instead of spending money I don't have for a lot of pomp and circumstance in the UK, my wonderful roommate organized a dinner with our lovely Chennai friends and even ordered a special chocolate cake! The food was also fabulous--appetizers with real mozzarella and fresh basil, salads with more mozzarella, two cheesy delicious pizzas, and four different pasta dishes with not even a hint of Indian spice! Thanks to everyone for coming and making this a memorable celebration!


Next up: Planning my celebratory MA graduation trip to Vietnam with my dad, updating and writing a new resume, looking for jobs for fall 2009 and researching the next MA program!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!

kumalavula said...

this is just the first of many accomplishments, i am sure.

congrats!

Banyan said...

Wow, I just realized from the picture that we're so matchy, matchy... haha.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Little Stuff !!!!!
What a thoughtful roommate AND friends!
Guess we need to celebrate when you get here too! :) a nice poolside drink? massage?