Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Annapurna Photos

Two hours on the computer and I'm bored of updating my blog already. Plus this is my last day in Nepal before my mom and I fly to Delhi tomorrow to meet my Dad. I best go and live it up here while I still have the chance. So, for all those interested in the life of a trekker, here are a few more photos to entertain you. Stories will have to come later!


Beware: Entering the Landslide area! I guess a rock nearly missed my head. But I never saw it! We all made it through safely, although it was a little scary at times, especially with the trail covered in snow and ice in places!



Thorung La Pass: This photo deserves a huge long blog entry. But here it is. We did make it to the top, but just barely and with lots of help and assitance from other trekkers and guides! Thank God for them! This was the big day---5416m! Never again do I hope to be that high in my life...oh, but it is kind of addicting. Anyone want to climb Mt. Kilamanjaro?


Muktinath: The day after surviving the pass! Do you see the big bags under our eyes? We are standing with our favorite non-guide. He wasn't ours, he was with our Spanish friend. But he stayed with us over the pass and made sure we didn't fall off the mountain or collapse due to AMS. Thank you Gyanu! You are our Annapurna Hero!


Jomsom: After almost a week of rain and snow, the sun finally reappared in Jomsom on our rest day. We had a fabulous view of Nilgiri from the restaurant at our hotel and the rooftop while we were waiting for our stinky laundry to dry.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Great photos. You are living so many lifetimes of adventure right now. I'm so envious. :-)

Joe said...

I'm just curious, does anyone in that part of the world celebrate Halloween?

Kirsten said...

no halloween celebrations that i saw. but apparently there were some halloween parties in kathmandu. i heard about them after the fact! bummer...my mom even brough clown noses and make-up!

thanks for checking the blog!