Monday, January 29, 2007

Day # 4 Tsugaike Kogen 栂池高原

Saturday morning 8 of us piled in cars with all our gear and headed for Nagano. With the weather conditions as warm as they have been, it's not even worth considering anything at a lower elevation. We didn't even see snow until we were about 20 minutes from Hakuba. It's sad, but at least we can still board. And luckily, it had been snowing all night and snowed most of the day! So there was a wonderful layer of powder to play in. It was my best day yet. After I got my board waxed and adjusted my left bindings, I was able to do right turns again! Hurray! It was such a good day, we only stopped once for lunch. Nobody needed any breaks, nobody complained of sore feet or needing to adjust anything. Everyone was genki and we all wanted to enjoy the powder as long as possible! Pray for snow at Seaside!!



Here are some pics:





2 comments:

Kirsten said...

papers are due Friday. I'll announce soon!

Matthew R. Loney said...

`Twas a wicked day, `twas!

There was no point during that day when I was even slightly bored. Every run had some new powder to surf through.

I`m definately up for that place again.