Sunday, January 21, 2007

Another New Blog

"Life has been busy" is an understatement. Since I got off the bus two weeks ago, I've been running from school to school, class to class and teaching almost everynight after school. And on top of that I've been trying to get back into a study routine. My only relief has been snowboarding and sleeping (more on that in another post).

But my classes are doing some exciting projects and it's always fun to work with them. My adult conversation class has been meeting for 20 years with several that can remember the first class in 1986. In addition to their weekly classes, the write, edit and publish a zine every few months on a topic that the teacher (me) usually assigns. They have reached their 25th volume and in celebration I suggested they go html and start a blog!

To celebrate their 20th year as a class, and their 25th zine, I'd like to welcome you to the
Nyuzen Eikaiwa Class Blog. They have been writing, editing, and re-writing for about two months. Their posts are their own, I have done nothing to them! While we work on editing and perfecting their essays, you will find mistakes. But this isn't a writing or grammar class, and I always stress in my class that English is about communication, not perfection!

Please, please visit their blog, post comments about their ideas--not their mistakes! And add it as a link to your favorites and come back to visit again. Their are only two posts as I write this, but their should be 6-7 more being sent in throughout the week!

(this picture was taken last May when my parents were visiting the class)

No comments: