Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ready to Read

I've been getting complaints about my lack of blogging lately...my apologies. Where is the time? Who has the energy in this heat? But the primary reason is because of a new project I'm working on, Ready to Read. The exciting news: I was awarded a grant from my alma matar, Grinnell College, to implement the project over the next 10 months. That means I'll be staying in India and I have a lot more time for blogging (in theory). In the mean time, visit the Ready to Read blog where I will be posting program updates and challenges--of which there are many!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kirsten

I notice your "puh" and "rrr" actions and it is the same as what my daughter learned in kindergarten this year. The teacher called it Jolly Phonics. Is that what you are using?
It is lots of fun.

The other thing is the "pig with pants"...do they call them pants in India or do they say trousers?

I still check your blog once in a while and was interested in this one for sure.
Good luck with it!

-Linea's Auntie Marilyn

Boysters said...

Hey Kirsten,
good to see that you are still keeping up on your blog! I gave up years ago when I moved to London. Maybe I should start it up!!

Hope all is well,
Mark
x