Monday, April 20, 2009

Missing My Japanese Home

Recently a lot of people have been asking if I miss Japan, my last long-term home. Maybe its just their suggestion of missing Japan, but yes, I am really missing Japan. Especially at this time of year when all chances of snow storms are gone, but the mountains are still snow-capped. And when the cherry blossoms are blooming, a time for friends, co-workers, and family to gather for picnics, barbecues and bonfires under the trees. As I sit in my non-AC steaming apartment trying to convince myself that sweating buckets on the bus on the way to work isn't an awful way to start the day....Yes, I miss spring in Japan.



Funagawa--My favorite Cherry Blossom viewing spot!


My backyard once upon a time: Nyuzen Tulips and the Japanese Alps in the background.


Cherry Blossoms Up Close


Spring flowers in Nyuzen with the Japanese Alps in the background

Thanks Yukiko for sending the pics! Can't wait to see you in two weeks!!!

3 comments:

Matthew R. Loney said...

I hear you, Sista. I miss Nihon-land too...

ajs said...

cho sugoi. when shall we have our reunion over there?

Owen said...

Yeah -- I miss Japan, too. And now it's not even Spring anymore...